Siren Digital Communications is a small, creative, DC-based new media firm. We are looking for a Web - New Media developer to join our growing group. You will program or manage the technology components of a variety of projects from websites, to kiosks, to Flash interactives.
The person we would like to hire should have most of the following experience and skills:
- Experience building and managing HTML sites.
- Experience with interpretive web based language (ASP, Coldfusion, PHP, etc)
- Proficient XML
- Conversant with basic Unix/Linux commands
- Experience with the Joomla CMS a plus: building sites, creating templates and modules, and custom development
- Proficient Actionscripting
- Experience developing and managing development timelines and sourcing and managing developers a plus
In addition to the skills above, you should:
- Be a creative thinker who is excited to figure out technical solutions.
- Able to work well on a team and independently.
- Interested in learning and implementing emerging technologies like Ajax, SMS Messaging
- Be organized and a self-starter.
- Be a good communicator both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject and a year or more of experience.
- Be happy to pitch
in with network/server maintenance and other tasks
required at a small office.
We are small growing company that is customer-focused, creative and fun. We are located in a 4th floor (walkup) office in Adams Morgan in DC, close to the Woodley and Columbia Heights Metros and a number of bus lines.
No phone calls, please. Thank you for your time and interest.